A third of Bostonians put financial wellbeing atop their list of New Year’s goals in 2016 – markedly above health and fitness – according to a Capital One Bank survey.

For about 33 percent of Bostonians, paying off debt is the primary objective to improve financial wellbeing in 2016, with contributing more to savings as close runner-up (30 percent).

Only 9 percent of Bostonians admit to accomplishing all their financial goals in 2015, and Bostonians lagged behind Americans overall for having completed most or all of their goals (27 percent and 36 percent, respectively).

Survey results showed that 70 percent of Bostonians view their financial goals as motivation for the future.

Survey: Bostonians Focus On Finance As They Look To The New Year

by Banker & Tradesman time to read: <1 min
0